1. WHAT NIGHTS/DAYS WILL MY CHILD SKATE?
Until registration is closed and final numbers are established days and times by division cannot be determined.
2. WHAT IF MY CHILD: CAN NO LONGER PLAY/ HAS NEVER PLAYED/DOES NOT LIKE HOCKEY AFTER REGISTRATION. ARE REFUNDS AVAILABLE?
Refunds are an option with a $50 administration fee; by Oct 31st, 80%, Nov 30th, 60%, Dec 31st, 30%. No refunds will be issued after Jan 1st. The refund process will begin once you email your Local League/Rep Director and the Registrar of your refund request outlining the players name, team, date and reason for the refund.
4. HOW DO I REGISTER MY CHILD IF FUNDING IS PENDING?
3. HOW DO I QUALIFY OR APPLY FOR FUNDING?
Please refer to 'Financial Assistance' tab under Registration.
Manual Registration must be completed as per the quick enrollment form provided.
5. WHAT IS RESPECT IN SPORT (RIS) FOR PARENTS? DO I HAVE TO TAKE IT?
OMHA has mandated that one parent take the 'Respect in Sport (RIS) Parent Course'. If Players do not have a parent who has the Respect Certification they will not be eligible to play. You can also find this clinic under the Registration tab
9. MY CHILD IS ENROLLED IN HOCKEY AND ANOTHER SPORT, THERE IS A CONFLICT WITH SCHEDULES. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO?
6. WHAT IF I HAVE A CHILD ALREADY IN HOCKEY AND I NEED TO ENROL ANOTHER, DO I HAVE TO TAKE RIS PARENT COURSE AGAIN?
No, if you already have a child enrolled in hockey with OMHA, you do not complete the RIS Course again. Simply access your Spordle account and 'add member' to your profile. Do no open/create another profile. If you do, you risk being required to complete the Respect in Sport Parent Course again.
7. IF I AM MOVING TO THE AREA, HOW DO I REGISTER?
Whether your intention is to play in the local league system or Rep program, you will need to complete and submit a player transfer form, in order for your player to be rostered to a team. Access details and Transfer form here 'Moved to Huntsville'
8. AS A PARENT, WILL I RECEIVE EMAILS FROM THE ASSOCIATION RELATING TO SCHEDULED ICE TIMES OR INFORMATION ON MY HOCKEY TEAM?
You may receive emails from your teams manager and/or convener. No emails from the association will be sent to players or parents. It's the responsibility of the player and parent to check the website regularly for any schedule changes or team information.
In most cases no. Once final enrollment numbers are in, sufficient ice needs to be secured and scheduled covering multiple age groups/divisions. We can't guarantee each year what those ice times/schedules will look like. It is the player/parents responsibility to coordinate hockey and other sports schedules.